Do you or your child suffer from one of the following concerns?
- obsessive thoughts or compulsive behaviors that are causing distress, taking up too much time or resulting in avoidance of activities and situations
- chronic worry and rumination about problems ranging from big to small and often excessive perfectionism
- severe feelings of anxiety and physical discomfort when confronting certain triggers or places
- severe avoidance of certain places (such as schools, dentists, malls)
- social fears - particularly a constant fear of negative evaluation from others
- severe anxiety in children when separated from caretakers or severe school refusal
My practice uses state-of-the-art techniques to address all types of anxiety. These may include:
- Exposure/Response Prevention (ErP) - a behavioral approach involving systematic and gradual exposure to anxious triggers that is effective for a range of anxiety disorders.
- Cognitive Restructuring - Anxious thoughts are challenged, corrected and substituted with more accurate and useful thinking.
- Relaxation and Breathing Retraining - effective in reducing highly distressing physical sensations of anxiety
- Mindfulness and Meditation - Refocuses the anxious mind away from perceived threats to feeling grounded and calm
- Comprehensive Model for Behavioral Treatment (ComB) - for body-focused repetitive behaviors often associated with anxiety
- Parent Coaching - on managing anxious behavior and behavioral avoidance in their children and creating positive reinforcement plans
- School Consultation - to help schools effectively manage anxious behavior in children
These methods have proven very effective for many individuals struggling with the impact of anxiety on their lives. Some clients have reported first trying general "talk therapy" treatments which were not tailored to treat anxiety disorders nor shown through research to be effective. It may be worthwhile to consider another approach - well-designed, evidence-based, cognitive-behavioral therapy for anxiety disorders.
Notice to users of this site: Use of this website is for information and educational purposes only. By using this site, there is no implication, establishment or guarantee of a doctor-patient relationship. No promises or guarantees of services are given or implied in any form, regarding any information on this site nor guarantees of benefit from treatment should future treatment begin.