Professional Training and Experience
- New Jersey Licensed Psychologist (#35SI00359100) with 25 years experience treating children, adolescents and adults
- Internationally published Author of Helping Your Anxious Teen: Positive Parenting Strategies to Help Your Teen Beat Axiety, Stress and Worry (NewHarbinger Publications)
- Intensive Post-Graduate Training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Graduate of the foremost training program in OCD given by the nation's experts in OCD treatment
- Graduate of an Advanced Post-doctoral Certificate program in Child and Adolescent OCD
- Certified by the the premier Training program in Trichotillomania and Body-Focused Repetitive Behavior
- Ph.D. with Honors, Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, Alliant University, 1994
- Masters, with Honors, Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, Alliant University, 1991
- Bachelors, Psychology, McGill University, Great Distinction, University Scholar Honorary Designation, 1988
Dr. Josephs is a New Jersey Licensed Psychologist. Dr. Josephs received her Bachelors in Psychology Degree with Great Distinction from McGill University. She then obtained her Masters and Ph.D. with Honors in Clinical Psychology from California School of Professional Psychology, Alliant University. Her Ph.D. included a specialization track in Health Psychology-Behavioral Medicine. Based on her performance on the written and oral examination for licensure as a psychologist, she was invited by the California Board of Psychology to serve as a consultant for the revision of the written examination for licensure.
Pre-doctoral and Post-Doctoral Training:
Dr. Josephs has worked in a variety of outpatient and inpatient settings with children, adolescents and adults experiencing a range of problems. During her graduate training, she interned at a crisis center for adults and a family mental health clinic. She then completed a competitive "American Psychological Association-Approved" predoctoral and postdoctoral internship at U.C. Irvine Medical Center/Neuropsychiatric Institute. Year-long rotations through specialized hospital services were completed, including the Child/Adolescent Outpatient Therapy Clinic, The Adult Outpatient Therapy Clinic, The Neuropsychology and Medical Consultation Service, The Inpatient Adult Unit and The Inpatient Adolescent Unit.
Following licensure, she has served as a Staff Psychologist at a mental health clinic serving children and families, and as a Consulting Health Psychologist at an adult medical rehabilitation hospital. In 1999 she opened her private practice in Princeton Junction, New Jersey. This practice has been providing services to children, adolescents and adults for the past 21 years.
Media Expert on Anxiety: Dr. Josephs has shared her expertise on anxiety with numerous national magazines, including Seventeen, Woman's Day and recently wrote an article on perfectionism for Muse Magazine.
Service to the Community: Dr. Josephs has been an invited speaker at schools and professional mental health associations where she has trained psychologists, psychology interns, guidance counselors and teachers. She has served as a consultant to local school districts on managing anxiety in children and teens, and on cultural diversity issues.